Friday 1 June 2012

A Little Hint of What's to Come....



"Once I was a god, the ruler of a great dark circle which the insect-like creatures of this world call Morrslieb. I was beyond good and evil, my powers waxed as I used the very core of my world to grant me power over matter and mind.

As time passed, I lusted for power. I reached out to the greater realms, conspired, and there was war in the black heavens. The third part of the Host of Chaos rose up in arms with me and waged war on the greater powers of the Utterdark and sought to destroy them. The skies were lit with the flames of battle.

But the war turned against me and like a fiery star I was cast down, exiled from my lofty abode, only a shard of my world with me to give me power and dominion over the lands beneath. In my majesty I descended, and my coming brought down the lowly abodes of the pathetic beings which inhabit this poisonous, repulsive world.

As I plummeted down and all was chaos and destruction before me, the Dark Shard, my very essence of life was shattered. Now lie almost powerless, a mere shadow of my former self, a dying husk alone in this alien world.

I have made this black pit beneath the earth my grave realm, and send my thoughts before me, bending the miserable creatures of this place to my will. The few survivors of my coming knelt before me, and worshipped me as their god, mistaking me for one of the great powers who exiled me. I changed them to a form more suitable to my service, and sent them out to hunt for the dark shards which hold my power.

Now others come from lands beyond to steal that which is mine, and once more there is war, an echo of the greater battle I once fought. But I shall rise up from my grave and wreak vengeance on all living things, for I am Shadowlord, the king of kings, and son this world shall be mine…”

Who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment