Tuesday 10 January 2012

General Hobby Update; Lots of Pictures

A Solid Days Painting.
The Ring of Steel, Badab System

Well here we go again. I've had a really good few days of postitive progress. Lots of work on commission and soem building and painting for myself too. First up we have a Blood Angel Command Squad that is kitbashed from the Sanguinary Guard and Death Company Box sets. I've been proxying them for the past couple of games, but i like to have my armies WYSIWYG as much as possible so i had to model them eventually. Heres the five of them;






And here is another model we can discuss. This is the Imperial Lord Commissar. I'll be using him as a Tyrant's Legion Tribune, so eventually he'll have some Command Squad buddies. I tried a different method of painting with him, i usually work on a couple of areas at the same time but with this model I completed each section independently. Its an interesting way to work, i find it churns out a better looking miniature, but is incredibly more time consuming. So far he is progressing nicely.

And some commission news, well since last post I've been contacted to do several more commission items, here are three of the 7 or 8 models I now have to complete. First us is a Nurgle Plague Lord, if you want to see how i painted one of these myself see my last post. This one is going to be a little faster to paint and when completed will look great. The two Tzeentch Heralds will be painted at the same time with the same colours I'll just alternate colours on the same parts of the model, this will make for some interesting fluff, and a little rivalry between the two models.


This Weekend saw the release of the Vampire Counts and some really cool models expect an update about them coming soon. I already have Isabella von Carstien on the painting table, she is a really sexy model, and i picked up some Black Knights too. As well as the Magic Cards and the Army Book, so expect a little report on those too. But for now Goodnight and Good Luck painting.

1 comment:

  1. Your figures are looking great mate. Can't wait to see more Badab stuff!

    ReplyDelete